-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:08:26 -0700

Troth, can you tell me how System Restore is supposed to work?  I had a bad
download a week or so ago and decided to restore to a point before that
happened.  There were no set restore points, so the first one I was able to
choose was a week prior.  I did that and it acted like it was restoring,
then when it finished I got a message like 'sorry, no can do.'  The next
point it would let me "choose" was a month prior and even THAT wouldn't
work.  Are these restore points supposed to be set in advance?  Or what?  It
used to just restore to where I wanted it to, or somewhere close to it, but
I haven't used it in a while and now it's all goofy.  I understand it's a
great resource hog, maybe I should remove it (?)   Any insight appreciated
~Glo