-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:18:03 -0700 (PDT)

Cristy,
Right click on My Computer either on your desktop or in the Start Menu.  Click
on Properties in the menu that will appear.  Click on the System Restore tab in
the window that will appear.  click on the drive you want to change the
settings, this will highlight that drive.  Click on the Settings button.
Adjust your settings to whatever you want.  Click on OK, if you have more then
hard drive click on the other drives and adjust the settings, Click on Ok in
the first window.  You may get a box that says you have restart the computer or
restart Windows.  If so you have to restart the computer.  Hope this is clear.
Dave

------------------------------
From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:42:08 -0400

Thanks Dave.

I knew if did not save files and word docs and the like that I deleted
already.  I had wanted to use it mainly like if I installed a new program
and was not sure of it, I would create a restore point first.  How do I know
how much space is allocated to it?  I checked under the service section and
it said started.

christy