-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recommendations on VHS to Digital?

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:04:14 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I was thinking about this last night!
> It is a big project ! A friend just started to do it. Something happened
to her computer, and they ended up having to take it to the shop - hard
drive I believe - (speaking of hard drives) and the shop was able to recover
her information for her. While it was there, she had him put in whatever she
would need to accomplish this task - ended up costing her a bundle!!
> I can ask if she knows what he put in it - but that probably wouldn't do
you a lot of good??

A 30 quid (so I assume $30) TV/Capture card such as the Hauppage Win TV
model is perfectly adequate. How good a capture you get relies on other
things like memory, hard disc space, the software you use...etc..

Cheers

Andy