-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Question Re: WinVista Laptop

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:48:29 -0400

Try booting in safe mode.  Doubtful, but might give some ideas based on how
or if it boots.

Re-boot to the boot menu and try one or more of the diagnostic boots...
especially the one that lets you to allow or skip each step in the boot
process.  Might take a long time, but you will see every command in the boot
sequence and might see something that does not look right... such as the
command that starts windows explorer.

If you are within the return policy time limits, return it to the store
where you bought it.

If not, check your user manual for the number to call for warranty service
and/or tech support.

If not in warranty, use the system recovery disk (or partition) to repair or
re-install the OS.

Hope one of these ideas helps.

Don