-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pay Pal Fraud Email Received today

  • From: Bob in Jersey <bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:05:06 EDT

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:12:14 pdt, "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" replied to
moi:
> Boy you must have a lot of money.... hahaha!

Not if I have to use a $ 10.00 / month ISP like Juno / Netzero...
:-P

> My other half gets them more than I do..and he does not even have
> an account! lol!

These senders are @$$holes, in plain English.  They neither know nor
care who or where you are, they just want to relieve you of every
cent (or other monetary unit) you have, by all means necessary.

> Bob, What do you mean  "headers" in emails?
>
> I am not too old to learn!

Here's a detailed article on headers most of you should be able to
understand:

http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers.html

In your particular case, Rose, Outlook Express does not readily
offer the option to always display message headers.  You would have
to right-click on the message in the message list above the read
window, select Properties, then click on the Details tab above the
description and voila! there should be all the headers for that
message (this is why I've only used OE for non-Juno mail)

--
BOB