-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Partitoning hard drive

  • From: Jo Ann <bookworm54@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:05:53 -0400

Thanks Rose,

I'm running XP. When I got my other Seagate drive, it had software with
it that formatted and allowed me to make partitions very easily. There
are two software programs you can download from Seagate support, Disc
Wizard, which can make an image and transfer to a new drive, or format a
new drive and Seatools which will test your Seagate or Maxtor drive.
Interestingly enough, Disc Wizard is made by Acronis. But it might be
better to use something like Partition magic to avoid formatting if
possible in my case.

Jo Ann