-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Paint Shop Pro 5.01

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:17:23 -0500

Ok, two ways I approach this. The simpler one first.
This approach assumes you are writing text on top of your picture or graphic.
    * Open your graphic in Paint Shop Pro
    * Decide where you want your text to be and examine the background. In
my case, there is a white background and I decide to use black text.
    * Click on the big A. It should be on the top bar somewhere. This is
your text tool.
    * Click -about- where you want the text to be. PSP will try to put it
there, but it is not perfect.
    * A "Text Entry"box comes up. You have several choices here.
    * A> On mine, there is a STROKE color. I set it to black.
    * B> On mine, there is a FILL color. I set this to black also.
    * Under "Enter text here" type whatever you like. There is probably a
preview. Are the letters big enough? Too big? You can resize, by selecting
what size your want.
    * If this is not the font you want, change it. Select the font you want
under "Name.
OPTIONAL: You can Right Justify, Center, or Left Justify. The differences are:

       RIGHT Justify: Everything is lined up on the right
       CENTER: Each line is centered with respect to the line above or below.
       LEFT Justify: Everything is lined up on the left.
    * If you think you like it, click OK. You can UNDO later.
    * If it is off target (mine usually are), you can "grab it" and move it
around. Left Clicking your mouse locks it at that location.
Done. That was not hard, was it?

Ok, the second approach, just a little more complicated. I have a picture
of five frat guys, and I want to add their names, but I do not want to
cover up anything on the photo.

(I hope this is in your version.)
    * Pull down your IMAGE pull-down.
    * Look for Canvas Size; click it.
    * Out of personal preference, I put my names on the bottom. Therefore,
I want more room to write my text on the bottom. My picture is 2048W by
1536H (In pixels). To give me blank space on the bottom, I enter 2048 for
the width (not changing the width), and 2000 for the height. Be sure your
image placement is Unchecked.
    * Click on the big A. It should be on the top bar somewhere. This is
your text tool.
    * A "Text Entry"box comes up. You have several choices here.
    * A> On mine, there is a STROKE color. I set it to black.
    * B> On mine, there is a FILL color. I set this to black also.
    * Under "Enter text here"type whatever you like.
                There is probably a preview. Are the letters big enough?
Too big? You can resize, by selecting what size your want.
    * If this is not the font you want, change it. Select the font you want
under "Name."

OPTIONAL: You can Right Justify, Center, or Left Justify. The differences are:
       RIGHT Justify: Everything is lined up on the right
       CENTER: Each line is centered with respect to the line above or below.
       LEFT Justify: Everything is lined up on the left.

For names, I usually choose CENTER so the names will center above each other.
    * If you think you like it, click OK. You can UNDO later.
    * If it is off target (mine usually are), you can "grab it"and move it
around. Left Clicking your mouse locks it at that location.

Done. That was not hard either, was it?

If you have anymore questions, feel free to email me. This is not a PSP
list, so if we annoy anyone, we will just take it private.

Robert