-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewalls

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:30:02 -0400

Even if you do have a router, I would recommend a software firewall.

I would recommend Outpost (www.agnitum.com) over Zone Alarm or Norton.
Norton programs tend to be very big resource hogs.  Outpost is highly
configurable through two methods, wizards or just doing it through the
properties of the plugins.  Plus you get a pop-up block and ad blocker also
built into the software.

Dave