-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:17:30 -0400

Connie,
    You should start by emptying out your TEMP folder and flushing the
Recycle Bin.  It's amazing how many problems can be linked back to some file
in that TEMP folder.  Next, we already talked about this in another thread,
but you should empty out your TIF folder.  Next, I would check to see just
how much hard drive space you have left.  If it's not much, the space
squeeze may be affecting other areas of Windows and these problems are just
unhappy byproducts of that.  In that case, you might want to consider a
larger drive or burning/cleaning out some old saved stuff.  If you have
plenty of space, take a serious look at what comes up in the Startup tab in
the MSConfig applet (Start/Run/ (type in) MSConfig/Enter key).  You may just
have too many TSRs (Terminate & Stay Resident programs) running in the
background and they're eating up all of the resources Windows needs to run
well.

    Finally, reboot to start with as much free system resources as possible
and don't open up any programs other than your Email app until after you've
saved whatever files you want from the messages in question.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner