-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Address Book

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 13:28:14 -0400

See below.

Don,

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563

or

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
   1. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings .
   2. Click the Address Books tab.
   3. If your Outlook Address Book is listed, click Close, and then go to
"Step 2: Mark your contact folder for use with your address book."

      If your Outlook Address Book is not listed, click New.

***Outlook Address Book is listed.  Went to step 2

Step 2: Mark your contact folder for use with your address book

On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Properties for your folder
name.

***I assume "your folder name" means the Contacts Folder.  I had to select
it in the navigation tree first then File>Folder>Properties for Contacts
Folder.

On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an
e-mail address book check box,

***This was already done.

type a descriptive name, and then click OK.

***"Contacts" was already in the description field.  Clicked OK.  No help.
Went back and changed "Contacts" to "Outlook Address Book".  Clicked OK.  No
help.

Also see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm

***Will go here next and try what ever it says.

Don

in the Subject.