-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Noisy hard drive

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:55:02 -0400

Sandi,
    It kinda, sorta sounds like at least some of whatever came through your
wiring may have slipped past your UPS and hit your system, at least a little
(which is a completely relative term when used here).  I'm sure I don't have
to actually say this, but keep an eye AND an ear out for any more oddities
that may have resulted from a spike getting to the PC.  More importantly,
run a CHKDSK with all options as soon as you get the chance.  If a spike did
hit the system, it may have scrambled a few bits here and there and a run of
CHKDSK could be enough to repair them.