-=PCTechTalk=- Re: NetZero

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 07:27:46 -0400

Hello Bob and others,
Yes I know for a fact that Juno has never implemented the policy of
downloading programs to do distributed computing.  I check what
applications and processes are running and there are never any that I
cannot identify.  Also I belong to a Juno help list and others on the
list have stated the same thing.  I cannot be sure about NetZero, but
since you use what ever mail agent you want with NetZero you would be
able to tell if it downloads a program.  I do not know if this is stated
in the end users agreement for all of Juno's plans.  It might just be in
the free accounts.  Once in a while I get a message from Juno telling me
that if users spend a lot of time online with the free account, they are
subject to restrictions.  I know I have used over 10 hours some months
and have never had any restrictions placed on me.
Dave

------------------------------

From: "BashfulBob" <BashfulBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: NetZero

Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:10:11 -0500

Hi David

This thread has caught my attention. I have a few questions, partly out
of
curiosity.

You stated that Juno and NetZero (United Online) has never implemented
their
policy (assuming it is in the contract, free or otherwise). I am curious
how
you can be so sure? Do you have a program or something that can detect
their
intrusion or have they just stated this?

Is this policy in effect for all there plans?

Thanks

Life is what happens in between plans.

AOL dfwooledge    ICQ 59686911
www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/     www.mental-health-advocate.us