-=PCTechTalk=- Re: NetZero

  • From: "nightsneak1" <nightsneak1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 21:19:27 -0400

David,

I think that one of the problems with Juno, and now Netzero, and others, is
that you have to agree to them taking over your computer at any time without
your knowledge. The problem may not be specifically that they do, but the
point that you MUST agree that they CAN, at any time, and without your
further knowledge.

Personally, to me, these would be unacceptable restrictions, but then again,
I read everything I have set in front of my face <G>

MOST people, for one, never read their policies, TOS (Terms of Service),
etc., and so, MOST people never understand that they signed their rights to
their own computer away.

It is fine to me if "I" want to assign my rights to my computer to some
organization, but the biggest point is, that "I" paid for my computer, "I"
pay for internet service, and "I" decide who can and won't use it.

nightsneak