-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need some help with Billeo password saver

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:46:03 -0400

Hi Jan,
    Billeo saves your passwords in its own 'vault'.  Like most other apps of
this sort, I would imagine that the file (s) that contain the password info
would still be on your hard drive, even after a complete uninstall of the
program.

    After a lot of research, I have discovered that, among other things, the
program recommends that you back up your passwords regularly.  If you have
been doing this, run a search for the two files listed below.  These are the
files that you'll need to transfer over to the new system.  We'll deal with
that procedure soon.  If you have never run a backup of your password vault,
they might still be in the same form as above.  Run the search anyway and
see if they show up.

pwd_vault.dat
ewallet.dat

    If successful, let me know the location of the current files so I can
use it in my relocation instructions for you.         :O)

Peace,
GMan