-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption (replacing it?)

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:54:52 -0400

Unless you have a mini or micro case instead of a mid or full-size case you
should have at least...

1 or 2 3.5 inch drive bays for floppy drives and 3.5 inch hard drives
1 or 2 five inch drive bays for optical and 5 inch hard drives
1 or 2 3.5 inch drive bays for 3.5 inch hard drives

My mid tower Dell Dimension 8300 (with that gawd-awful clam shell case) has
a total of 6 drive bays... two 5 inch and four 3.5 inch bays.  I'm thinking
about removing the floppy drive so I can install two PATA drives to go with
the 2 SATA drives.

Tip:  Disconnect at least one end of every cable and move them out of the
way while you install drives.  Then connect them back up.  Label them so you
know what they go to.

Don