-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption (replacing it?)

  • From: Tori <verse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 10:20:26 -0500

I too can recommend eMachines.  My 2 year old HP Pavilion motherboard died
and it had developed other issues (which HP knew about and didn't fix/care)
and money was a consideration so I did some research and found out that
eMachines now have a pretty good reputation even though they are low
cost.  I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with it.  I brought it
home, opened the case, put the HP hard drive in it as a second drive,
plugged it in, booted it up and never looked back.  It's much faster than
the HP was.  I am using XP SP2.  I'm one of those that will hold onto XP
for as long as possible as it's the most stable system Windows has ever
built.  I have no interest in Vista and will likely skip right over it (as
I did with ME).  My eMachine is quiet, reliable and fast.  Considering the
price, it's one of the best bargains around.

Tori