-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Computer Hanging

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:58:31 -0700

OK, I give up.  I do not understand Operating Systems.  I
shut down, did the F8 business, decided to see what
debugging mode would do.  I figured I could always back
out if I didn't understand anything in it.

To my surprise, it came up like normal so I clicked on My
Computer.  This time a little flashlight came up and found
the info for My Computer.  So I shut it down, restarted
and now My Computer works.

So what does debugging mode do?  Did it find something
that got corrupted and fix it?  Sure didn't seem like it
did anything but show the flashlight.

Judith
_______________

Forgot to add when I click the end now dialog box, my
whole screen (desktop) shuts off then after about 30
seconds, the icons all come back on.

It's a PC running XP SP3

Judith

___________________

When I click on My Computer, it comes up blank and then
hangs, says it's not responding then after a minute or two
shows the information.  If I click on one of the links, it
hangs again and says it's not responding.

How do I fix this?

Judith
Making the Complicated EZ!
EZ step by step Videos show you how to make
videos, ebooks, ebook covers and audio books
http://www.agoodread.com

Subject. To unsubscribe send email to
pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the
Subject.

To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a
blank email to:
Subject. To unsubscribe send email to
pctechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the
Subject.

To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a
blank email to:
in the Subject.