-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Computer Hanging

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:25:03 -0700

Don,

There is no junk on my hard drives.  My 250 GB has 74%
free and my 750GB has 90% free.  I did take your advice
and defrag the 250 as I've made quite a few changes
lately.  Tower sits on the floor with plenty of air
circulation and the vents are clean.  Cool air coming out
and it's been on since 7AM.

What I think happened had to do with my external drive.
When I plugged it in, my computer hiccuped and then the
problem of not finding "My Computer" happened.

By putting it into Safe, Debugging Mode, it seems to have
cleared up the problem.  I just lucked into that solution
because I've never used it before.  I think it's the first
time I looked so closely at the Safe Screen Dialog.  I
thought well "it's behaving buggy" so I'll use that.

It worked or else it unhiccupped and fixed itself :-)
Judith

Something is slowing your computer down.  This could be
anything from overheating to overcrowding.  Clean up the
junk on your hard drive, defrag and check to make sure you
have proper air circulation and clean filters and vents
around your fans.

If that doesn't fix it, Gman will chime in with more
ideas.

Don

in the Subject.