-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Re: Transfering data from old computer to new

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:04:15 -0400

Yep
Thanks to all...........it's just been so long since I did this stuff
<chuckle>

I'm going to reformat for the first time on this computer........been
running about three years.  That's the longest I've ever run a
computer without reformatting.  At Christmas, I'll make this a kind of
server and buy a new one <G>

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Friday, 9/12/2003, @ 10:02:29 EST
---------------------------------

>From long familiarity, we know what honor is. It is what enables the
individual to do right in the face of complacency and cowardice. It
is what enables the soldier to die alone, the political prisoner to
resist, the singer to sing her song, hardly appreciated, on a side
street.

-- Mark Helprin

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:10:44 -0400, David Weaver wrote:
   | IF you want to refer to other computers directories as drives
   | yes you have to map.  Otherwise you don't.
   |
   | Dave

   |   |

   |   | the "concepts".  Right click on your "C" drive in explorer,
   |   | and select
   |   |

   |   | properties.  In properties, select the "sharing tab and
   |   | then check the
   |   |

   |   | blocks that allow you to share files between computers.  Do
   |   | the same for both computers.   Next, you have to (this is
   |   | where my memory gets fuzzy) go to "my computer" and  find
   |   | the other computer.  Bottom line,
   |   |

   |   | you can move files back and forth between two computers
   |   | quite easily at a very low cost.  Hope this
   |   | helps......sorry it's not more explicit.
   |   |
   |   | Regards from the
   |   | "Keyboard Cowboy",
   |   |