-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Re: Transfering data from old computer to new

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:02:09 -0400

Yep, that's the term I was looking for when I said you have to find
the drive in "my computer" -- thanks!
  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Friday, 9/12/2003, @ 10:01:33 EST
---------------------------------

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:36:34 EDT, Foxhillers@xxxxxxx wrote:
   | In a message dated 9/11/03 10:42:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
   | KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx writes:
   |
   |   | Next you have to give your computer permission to share the
   |   | data. It's been a very long time since I've done this so I
   |   | can only tell you the "concepts".  Right click on your "C"
   |   | drive in explorer, and select properties.  In properties,
   |   | select the "sharing tab and then check the blocks that
   |   | allow you to share files between computers.  Do the same
   |   | for both computers.   Next, you have to (this is where my
   |   | memory gets fuzzy) go to "my computer" and  find the other
   |   | computer.  Bottom line, you can move files back and forth
   |   | between two computers quite easily at a very low cost.
   |   | Hope this helps......sorry it's not more explicit.
   |   |
   |   | Regards from the
   |   | "Keyboard Cowboy",
   |   |