-=PCTechTalk=- Re: For Don - Silent Installers

  • From: "don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:35:36 -0500

Finally got around to the VM again.  Started it up.  Ran updates, saved
state, rebooted ran update again repeat etc etc about 3 or 4 times to get
all the updates to install.  (Remember back in the good old days update used
to tell you certain updates could not be installed unless certain others
were installed first and the system rebooted).

After the last run I I did a save state, started it again and did a shut
down without save.  Rebooted and everything is just like you said it would
be.

I've started having some problems with one of my dual boot installations and
need to go take a fresh look at the slipstream I created.  Maybe add or take
away a few things.  Wednesday is my next day off.  With luck I'll have the
time.

As to silent installers... gotta go look at them too.  All I gotta do is
remember which website had them... Ryan, Nlite or somewhere else.  Good
thing I got a private archive of the group to find such things.  :-))

Don