-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fixing what's wrong with computers WAS - Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:59:17 -0400

Sandy,
    The problems that affected some users were mostly the result of them
trying to install the pre-release that was irresponsibly released to the
public by well meaning beta testers.  Some of those pre-releases were
repackaged and reoffered without any hint that they were not 'official' and
that caught a bunch of folks by surprise when they failed in one way or
another.

    As long as you have ALL of the available critical updates and THEN
download SP3 through the Windows Update site or through the MS Downloads
page, you should be fine.  Of course you should ALWAYS back up your system
before making major updates, but that advice applies to a lot more than just
SP3.

Peace,
Gman