-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewalls...

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:56:57 -0500

The internal firewall that comes with XP is not very good.  There are many
sources on the internet that rate it poorly.  I've used ZA for several years
and it's a good product.  About six months ago I decided to look around for,
perhaps, a better firewall.  I did quite a bit of reading and tried Outpost.
I've been running it for about six months and prefer it over ZA.

 Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

  Master NetLord
     ,,,,,,,,
     Ô¿Ô¬
  Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thursday
11/07/2002
8:54:36 AM

Why should anyone suffer in silence, when you can moan, whimper, cry and
complain!

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

¤| On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:34:32 -0600
¤| Polly Kearns wrote:
¤|
¤|  Good morning!  I'm considering the purchase of Norton Personal
¤|  Firewall 2003 and would like your opinions, please.  I'm running
¤|  Windows XP and have dial-up internet connection and have
¤|  installed a preview version of Norton Firewall (before I realized
¤|  that XP had a firewall option...  this is a new computer so I'm
¤|  learning).  :)
¤|
¤|  I've noticed that XP has an internet firewall feature and was
¤|  wondering how it compares to Norton Personal Firewall, Outpost
¤|  and Zone Alarm.
¤|
¤|
¤|  Thanks, Polly To unsub or change your email settings:
¤|  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
¤|
¤|  To access our Archives:
¤|  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/