-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Error on converting DVD

  • From: "Johnny Goodell" <jgoodell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:04:54 +0700

    Hello, Faustus.

Further my below message, I just follow the guidance using TMPGEnc and
DVD2SVCD. The result is very good in quality. But the subtitle (or
subpicture) still missing, despite I included it in the conversion process.
I don't understand why it's so difficult to convert that specific DVD title
with the subtitles. It make me headache and nut. In general, I've
successfully convert other DVD titles without any problem at all. But not
with the trilogy of Musashi (three titles) and 7 Samurai, the old Japanese
movies from the era of 1950s and 1960s.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far.

Cheers,

Johnny

From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:24:27 +0100
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Error on converting DVD

On 30 Jun 2004 at 17:04, Johnny Goodell wrote:
> Faustus,
>
> further my below message, I follow your guidance to uninstall Wincopy
> DVD and then install it again. The result are the same. The problem
> maybe on the subpictures (subtitles).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Johnny

Hi, Johnny,

Sorry to hear that. Never used WinCopyDVD myself, and without having
your problem DVD, all I can do is point you to another couple of ways
to do it. Of the following tutorials, the DVD2SVCD one is the only
one that supports subtitles.

"How to backup your DVD to VCD (with DVD2SVCD)"
http://tinyurl.com/2l52h

"How to backup your DVD to VCD (with TMPGEnc)"
http://tinyurl.com/2786o

Faustus