-=PCTechTalk=- Re: End Program - HPCMPMGR.EXE

  • From: "..SheDevil.." <shedevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:58:40 -0400

Hi Nellie...this is what I found online. I hope it helps :)

SheDevil

The file "hpcmpmgr.exe" is related to HP Component Manager, a background
program of HP all-in-one software.

"This utility will disable the HP Component Manager (hpcmpmgr.exe) on
your computer, preventing any future calls to HP Servers for this
program. The entries for the HP Component Manager software will be
removed from the Windows Registry. HP advises owners using Windows XP to
make a System Restore point prior to running this utility
and another after it has been run.

Click Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore to
run System Restore.

To resolve the error message, I recommend the following patch download which
will disable the HP Component Manager software:

http://home.comcast.net/~lyvwyre/hpcmpmgr_disable.exe

If the problem persists, remove the hpcmpmgr.exe from the Startup using
MSConfig utility within Windows OS. To do the same, perform the following
steps:

1. Click Start and Run.

2. Type MSCONFIG and press Enter.

3. Click the Startup tab.

4. Clear the checkbox related to hpcmpmgr.exe.

5. Click OK.

6. Restart the system.

This should resolve the issue.