-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Email address forgery?

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PC_Tech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:08:36 -0500

Hi Terry,
    I get the same type of thing once in a while.  As you've guessed, it's
some spammer who is spoofing your email addy as a front for sending out
their garbage and they're NOT being sent out from your own computer.  In
looking through the headers, I would bet that the two 'Reply To:' addys
(104486839@xxxxxxxxxxxxx & jhssn@xxxxxxx) are also forged.  I mention this
because trying to report them could be getting an innocent party in deep
water if they are forged.

    I've never had anyone email me to complain that they received something
like this from my addy.  I just press Delete and move on with more important
things.

Peace,
GMan

PCTT Owner