-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dell Support --- My dog could do it better

  • From: Alex Denissov <denissov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David J. Weaver" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:46:54 +0400

Hello David,

Monday, July 22, 2002, 3:32:50 PM, you wrote:

DJW> Problem:  Modem won't dial out.

DJW> I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, cussed it, checked the phone line,
DJW> queried the modem, even made sure it was seated correctly and that it
didn't
DJW> shake loose somehow.  All's XP gives me is Opening port, Dialing ***
DJW> ***-****, Opening Port, Dialing, Opening Port Dialing about every 3 to 5
DJW> seconds.  You can hear the modem try to pickup the line but it just won't
DJW> and the line is good even into the computer.

DJW> My temporary solution:  USB modem (which is working over the same phone
DJW> line), call Dell to ship new modem out for me to install.

DJW> Their solution:  Do a system restore.  Respectfully, where in heck did they
DJW> get this guy?  I sat there for 10 minutes explaining what I had done to
DJW> isolate the problem, both hardware and software wise (I lost him 5 minutes
DJW> into the explanation).  He finally said "We will ship out a new modem with
DJW> the tech to install it."  Ask the guy if the tech is certified at least
with
DJW> A+ certification (as I do).  Response:  I don't know, I don't have access
DJW> this information.  And I have to wait up to two business days.

DJW> What is this tech world coming too?

DJW> Dell Computer:  $900
DJW> Tech Support Frustration Factor:  100%
DJW> Unknown Tech with questionable credentials:  Priceless.

DJW> David Weaver

DJW> I went over to the neighbor's and asked to borrow a cup of salt. "What are
DJW> you
DJW> making?" "A salt lick." -- Steven Wright

DJW> To unsub or change your email settings:
DJW> //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk

DJW> To access our Archives:
DJW> //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/

He-he. Once me and my friends got some beer. Not some, truly, lots of.
And we got into dadistic mood. We started calling to all provuders in
our city - just from the yellow pages list and asked them to help us
to connect to Internet. We were playing jackass. That was lots of fun.
First of all they all got stucked when they kney that we have know
@start@ button. Oh?! What the Operating system are you on? We donno...
Some kind of Linux, probably. One answer was brilliant. "If you are
so clever that you coulda set up Linux - use it yourself. Lamerzzz.
Then we tried to connect a Playstation with an additional modem - you
should see that. That was mor fun than Chris Rock And Jim Carry
together.  Tech support most of all - real idiots.

--
Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:denissov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx