-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Credit cards and the Internet

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:38:19 -0500

<Copy>
Read your original Credit Card contract in the fine print.  Most credit
card companies do not hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent
usage.  It is the VENDOR who takes the biggest risk and the biggest "ding"
if your card is used fraudulently.
<end>

You are right. When I had my store, there were several people who purchased
items, say $980 worth, for a PC. Get home and claim I gave them the wrong
thing, they wanted it for a Mac or some other computer. Money refunded- and
we ate the bill.  Credit card companies will not investigate the vendor's
side of the dispute every time; takes too long and too much money.

Robert