-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Could someone be using my email?

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:04:25 -0800

No one is using your email -- someone else is infected and you
are in their email address book -- and it is **pretending** to
come from you -- not enough of a techie to explain how this is
done.  All I do know is don't worry about it and just delete
the emails.

Just write the person (they must be a newbie) if they keep
insisting it's coming from you and tell them (nicely) they are
wrong and direct them to the sites which explain how email
addresses are spoofed (I think that's the correct term).

Judith

I was sent an email saying I sent the new virus to someone that
they got it from my address.  It was from some bank.com or
something place..some address I never sent anything to.christy
and I had scanned and found no viruses..