-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Could someone be using my email?

  • From: Glen <glbbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:39:40 -0800 (PST)

Randy,
There are three possiblities:
1) You are infected with a virus or trojan.
2) Some spammer is using your email address to
   forge(fake) headers, to look like it came from you.
3) Someone else, you know or have sent mail to is
   infected with a virus and the virus is sending out
   messages faking your email address.

I suspect number three.

Glen