-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't connect to websites

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:50:30 -0500

You may have something blocking your port 80, which is the port used for =
web surfing. If you have any firewalls on, disable them temporarily and =
see if you can get online. If you can, you know it's the firewall. If =
that's the case, report back with the details and we'll take it from =
there.

Meanwhile... we know you can use port 110 and 25, as that is what the =
email uses. Just for experimentation purposes, try surfing to this page:
http://sirtroth.homeip.net:58892/

If you get a screen asking for a name and password, then that's working, =
and it seems, like I said above, that port 80 (and possibly others) are =
being blocked. What happens when you click the link above?

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth