-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't connect to websites

  • From: Terry M <wannalearn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:01:38 -0700

Sorry about that, it was your link that got asked for name and
password.  I have disabled Panda and tried accessing websites, both with
IE and Firefox.  It doesn't change anything.  Mostly Firefox just says
it's loading.....forever and IE gets to page not found or page cannot be
displayed.  Also for a couple of weeks before this happened, after I'd
been online and using firefox or ie for a couple of hours, they would
decide that they couldn't find anything.  ie: I would click a link on a
website to take me to a different part of the site and I would get an
error message that that part of the site could not be found.  And
another piece of info that I forgot to add was that I was trying to do
windows update (within a day before I couldn't get to any websites) and
firefox decided it was a dangerous operation and blocked it.  I don't
know if part of it got downloaded and caused this or if it has anything
to do with this.