-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Booting Knoppix

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:19:21 -0800

Hi Rick,
here is a link to a good article on Knoppix;
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-knopx.html?
What to do when good disks go bad
Level: Intermediate

Carla Schroder (dworks-at-bratgrrl.com)
Consultant, Tux Computing
October 23, 2003

This article shows how to access a non-booting Linux system with a Knoppix
CD, get read-write permissions on configuration files, create and manage
partitions and filesystems, and copy files to various storage media and over
the network. You can use Knoppix for hardware and system configuration
detection and for creating and managing partitions and filesystems. You can
do it all from Knoppix's excellent graphical utilities, or from the command
line.
http://www.mwn.ca/         UPDATED 30/10/03
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 05/11/2003 at 5:04 PM DH (Rick) Holmes wrote:

Thanks, BB,  that's just the information I wanted. Now I need to get a
partitioning prog. or maybe there's one on Knoppix.  I am reasonably
certain that there is on RedHat and Mandrake, can this be confirmed, please?

TIA
Rick H