-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Booting

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTT <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:59:21 +1300

Thanks to all who made suggestions and/or offered advice on this
problem. I am afraid that nothing seems to want to allow me to boot from
this CD Rom (Knoppix).
Not sure where I will go next, but I wanted to try this version of Linux
that runs entirely from CD, before getting serious about Linux.

I'm also a bit uncertain about whether I *must* have a partition in my
primary HDD - it seems as though having a partition is no different to
having a secondary HDD. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Thanks again,

Rick H