-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backing up

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:27:01 -0600

Yea, but not easy or cheap.  A second hard drive is a good option.  Fast
backup, no OS to possibly corrupt it, and *not likely* to be the target for
a virus attack.  Get an HD about 2/3 or same size as your HD, do a full
backup or image to it, then burn a copy of it to CD.  Then do daily
incremental backups and when you get to where your system has major changes
or additions, do another full and burn to CD.  It can be scheduled in most
backup programs, no user input is needed, and it's very fast.

~~~~~~~~~

On 12/18/2002 at 9:12 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Doug was
rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Hi all,
          |
          |  Not sure how others do reliable backups, but every Monday, I
          |  back up 6 gb and it's a massive pain, swapping round 10 cd's
          |  every time, is there a way to just back them all up in one go
          |  some how ?
          |
          |  Doug.
          |
          |  CBPR@xxxxxxxxxx
          |

          |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |
          |  To access our Archives:
          |  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.