-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Antivirus 2009

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:29:34 -0600

I will download the software, run it and email a copy to you using the
subject line of "HijackThis - Antivirus 2009" or something to that effect.

I am currently heading out, so it will probably be this evening.  Is the log
file a .txt file or do I need to past it into notepad or word document?

Thanks so much for the help and Happy Holidays!

Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Antivirus 2009
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 22:20:04 -0500
From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>

That's good to hear.  Still, keep an eye out for any odd behavior and
provide as much detail as possible if something does crop up at some point.
malware is getting really good at hiding these days, so you just want to be
careful and aware that anything odd could indicate something remaining on
your system from the attempted badware install.

I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea for you to download a copy of
HijackThis, run it and send a Copy/Paste of the log file it creates to my
private email addy.  It would allow me to see if there's anything suspicious

running in the background on your system which would go a long way towards
easing BOTH of our minds.        lol

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis
OR
http://tinyurl.com/33qwyx