-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Anti-Virus software

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:14:39 -0800

Hi Tom,
Trend pc cillin
http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/pc-cillin/evaluate/features.htm

 has done very well on the independent testing by
www.hackfix.org

I use H&Bev AntiVir as my alternate AV program it is free and also does well
on the Hackfix testing.
http://www.free-av.com/

I had problems with Norton AV 2004 last week and was finally able to resolve
them by unistalling it, and removing Live Update from my registry. Then
reinstalling NAV.
From Symantec support;
Mike, I apologize that you've had such a frustrating experience. To resolve
this issue, I recommend you to uninstall Norton AntiVirus (NAV) manually by
removing any remaining folders and registry entries, and reinstall it. To do
this, the following document from our Online Knowledge Base will assist you
in the process:

Title: 'How to completely remove Norton AntiVirus 2004 and then reinstall
the program'
Document ID: 2003090415405206
 Web URL:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nav.nsf/docid/2003090415405206

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

On 25/02/2004 at 11:41 PM tom wrote:

what is a good Anti-Virus  software.I have Norton but it has a update
problem.and  I have had it with Norton Anti-Virus.