-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adding OE to computer with XP

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

Wendy,
Open the Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs, on the right side click on
Add/Remove Windows Components.  When that box opens you will be able to install
OE on the laptop.  By corporate version, do you mean Windows 2003 Server?  If
so you will need  that CD-Rom.  If it is Windows XP Pro and it did not come
with a CD-Rom, your XP Pro Cd-Rom should work.  It also is possible that you
will not be asked to use the CD-Rom as the install for OE may be already loaded
on the laptop.
Dave

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: wendy simmons <wsmailer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Adding OE to computer with XP

Hi,

I have a laptop my brother gave me that is already loaded with XP but does not
have Outlook Express on it. I don't know how this happened.

The version of XP on the laptop is a corporate version and I have XP Pro that I
got for another computer but I don't know how to extract just OE without having
to completely re-install Windows all over again (the way you can install
individual programs in Office). Is there a way to install just OE?

Thanks in advance,

Wendy