-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG 2013 stinks; --removed!

  • From: joyce <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:54:03 -0500

Glo, when I opened AVG and checked further, the scheduled scan showed
the same infected files and I was again able to get details but no
option to delete or send to the vault.  I clicked and right clicked on
everything in that report and the best I could do was save to
clipboard.  So that is what I did and I have the printed copy of that
sitting here beside my computer.  All of these are "signed with a broken
digital signature" except one which is a download for a Motherboard
Driver and an exe.  That one I am a bit concerned about. However, when I
have more time I am going into C drive and the D drive and delete those
offending files.
I have not heard back yet from the Forum (or have not found the reply)
.  My I-Pad picked up on my SunnyBeach e-mail address which I normally
only use for ordering stuff.  So I have to go to g-mail to see if I have
any messages.
I apologize for "running on" but that is what I do when I get stressed!!
Joyce
a/k/a Sandi
On 10/17/2012 3:11 AM, Glo wrote:
> ok, I've been snooping around in there, went to 'history' then scan results,
> then view details, and I got details of 4 scans.  The two whole computer
> scans showed details, but the two scheduled scans didn't have any details to
> show.
> After I read this email and looked at AVG to see just what you were talking
> about, I discovered an infected file somewhere in there, I forget where but
> as you said it wasn't in the virus vault.  And it was a .exe file, so I knew
> that was bad but I didn't know what to do about it.  At any rate, I went
> through all the options and checked it all out while the back of my mind was
> simmering over the infected file and what to do and when I finished I can no
> longer find the infected file!  The whole computer scan result says 'no
> threats were found' and I wonder what happened to my threat.  It had
> something to do with DVD Video Soft or something and I probably d/l it by
> mistake and then deleted it and maybe that's how it disappeared.  I don't
> know, I'm tired of it already, but I'll be interested to know whatever you
> find out about those infected files and how to get them gone. ~Glo
>
> In God We Trust

in the Subject.