-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG 2013 stinks; --removed!

  • From: joyce <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:43:30 -0500

New development.  Pop up said AVG update required.  I clicked on it and
it says AVG Antivirus Free needs to be updated so I proceeded. It said
it was upgrading to AVG 2013 so I read the eula very carefully twice.
Finally decided it was o.k. but I had to be careful not to allow a
toolbar and something else (don't remember what)  When it finished
updating I now have AVG 2013 FREE and it says I am fully protected. The
interface is different and I need to do some reading tomorrow when my
mind is fresher!  I did a full scan and it found 13 infections but the
delete option was greyed out. All I could do was archive and that did
not result in them going to the virus vault. so that is something I need
to research.  Most of the infected files were in my backups on D drive
so I would have deleted them if it allowed it.
Good night all!!
Sandi
On 10/15/2012 12:01 PM, recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is starting to sound like you are seeing a nag screen which is
> frequently used in Free software.  It may simply be advising you
> that the free version or unregistered version does not provide all
> of the protections that a paid or registered version does.
>
> Do a screen capture of the problem and share it with us.  Since the
> list does not allow attachments or HTML you will need to upload it
> somewhere and share the link.
>
> Don

in the Subject.