-=PCTechTalk=- Re: A (Relatively Simple Question

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:29:20 EDT

Andy
   How many RAM slots are there?  If more than one, get a PC100 or PC 133 and
see if it will work, if not, then ditch the 64mg existing chips and replace
with a higher capacity chip, too.
   Check the motherboard manual to see how much RAM the motherboard will
support.
   As to WIN98, I don't know.  I run 384 megs on this system with good
response.  Too much RAM on older system really does slow things down.
mjh