-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2nd Phase

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:21:02 -0400

G'Morn Sammi,
    In light of the new developments (i.e. the unexpected presence of a file
we thought was gone), I thought we'd go back to basics and see how your
system responds to a simple change in the way it's booted.  To make this
physically easy on you, you only need to move the shoebox mounted hard drive
over to your own system and plug the drive into its normal place.  We're
going to boot up within your own system.

    Once the two cables are connected (data & power), go ahead and hit the
power button.  The moment you hear the single beep telling you that the POST
part is done, start repeatedly pressing the F8 key on your keyboard until
you get a menu.  Once the menu comes up, use your arrow keys to select "Last
Known Good ..." and hit enter.  My hope here is that whatever wayward
setting has been preventing your system from booting will be replaced and
the entire issue will be solved.

    Ask if you have any questions and let me know how it goes if you don't.
:O)

Peace,
Gman