-=PCTechTalk=- Partitioning

  • From: Don <dswabc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:26:59 -0400

UPDATE

I now have a fully functioning dual boot installation of XP and Vista
with all current updates on my HP computer.  It ain't perfect, but it
will have to do as I am over all the hassles I have encountered.  I am
currently waiting for an external hard drive to finish
scanning/formatting and I will clone the whole shebang over to it using
Acronis True Image.  I will also image backups of each OS to folders on
a second internal drive for convenience.  The external clone will be
well cared for.

Once those are done I will resume tweaking file locations and so on and
when those are fully functioning I'll do a fresh clone and image of
those.  If problems crop up, so will the backups.

I can't believe how long it is taking to scan and format that 250GB
external drive.  45 minutes and not even half done yet.

next will be software installations and email setups.  Then the laptop
gets it!

Don

in the Subject.