-=PCTechTalk=- Networking

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:21:49 +0100

I'm going to attempt something at the weekend that I haven't done before!

To get my daughter off my PC ('It's homework, Dad!!' she says) I'm going to
set up a small home wireless network so she can use our broadband cable
connection on her own PC (With the necessary blocking software in place, of
course ;-)) and also to print directly to my printer-There maybe a small
amount of file sharing too, but not much.

I've had a look around at what I need..it looks like a wireless router with
a cable connection to my PC (as now) and a wireless receiver upstairs for
her PC.

All that should go just fine, but one thing I've just realised that my PC is
Windows 2000 on NTFS, hers in Windows 98 on FAT32..This is going to cause
problems when sharing files, isn't it?

I have created a FAT32 partition on the new hard drive I've just installed,
so might that help?

Cheers

Andy