-=PCTechTalk=- IE-7/ OE GOING UNSTABLE after a restore to exit IE-8

  • From: BIG MARC <bigmarctech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 00:16:39 -0400

Its for my brother on a COMPAC Q running with WIN-XP-PRO SP-3
Yesterday he do 2 things

First he have a CABLE high speed /modem installed he was on 56k before

Second Having high speed now, the system performed all the M$ updates
available, including IE-8

He then run a restore back to exit IE-8, at that time he was not connected
to the internet and the IE-7 page was  ok

 and the OE was back and ok

Then this morning he  connected on high speed & after 56k  both system IE-7
and OE express where unstable and unusable

The cable company checked their line and said they are ok and to check is
IE-7

I go at is place Saturday morning to have a look .

 Can I reinstall SP-3 or IE-7  I just uploaded from M$ or both ?

If some one can answer me A.S.A.P. cause I'M GOING AT IS PLACE THIS MORNING

Thank You for the helph.

BIGMARC
=======

in the Subject.