-=PCTechTalk=- Fax info?

  • From: "DO1212SK" <do1212sk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 15:09:22 -0400

Despite having a PC for 2 decades, I know absolutely nothing about home
faxes as I've never had one. However Staples has one on sale now for $19,
and I'm considering getting it.

Questions:
How does fax work with basic DSL ISP service.........
1-Do you put its phone wire connection on the line before or after the DSL
line converter? 2-And will just a simple one-into-two splitter connection
work?
3-Do you have to pay extra for fax service on your DSL line, or is it just
considered another PC up or download?

Thanks,
greywoulf