-=PCTechTalk=- Everything FULL !?!?

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:30:43 -0500

I am no longer able to save anything, be it new files, or files I have
edited. The error message says the drive is full. I am using Windows XP
Professional.

My hard drive is 400 Gig, and currently only about 54.8 G is occupied,
leaving 345.2G free.
Brand new blank diskettes are reported as full.
Brand new 250M Zip disks are reported as full.
Brand new [any brand I have] CD-RWs are reported as full.
Brand new CD-Rs are reported as full.
Brand new DVD-Rs are reported as full.

Over the home network, it reports the hard drives of the other computer as
full, but in reality only 958 M used, and about 5.45G is free.

I have a portable blank hard drive that plugs into the USB, and it is being
reported as full.

In short, everything I try to save something to is being reported as full,
but all are at LEAST 80 percent free.

Norton 2003 (updated this morning at 8:22am) says I am virus free.

I did a System Restore going back one day, and it had no effect.

I un-installed the drivers for a printer I installed last night, hoping by
doing so it would do away with a conflict (if any). It had no effect that I
can see.

I tried to run a scan disk, but it seems to stop somewhere before
finishing, and report that that there are no errors found.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. Has anyone had this happen to you?
How was it resolved? VERY much preferably with re-formatting please.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Robert
carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx