-=PCTechTalk=- Dell Precision 370 - DVD/HD Issue

  • From: "..SheDevil.." <shedevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 00:58:20 -0400

Long time no see to the ones I know and hi to the rest of you :))
I've recently purchased a Dell Precision 370 that has a SATA drive. I finally
got it formatted and partitioned and XP installed on it.  I have an LG H22L DVD
Burner (that works fine) as the only other hardware in my case.

When I try to install another HD on the slave end of the IDE cable, suddenly I
lose both the DVD and HD. I was wondering if there's a trick to this, as I've
never had a workstation before nor a SATA drive. This has been a huge learning
experience for me, but Im having a hard time figuring out why I lose both
"drives" if I add an IDE hard drive.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated and forgive me if I mucked up explaining
this. Just ask and I'll see if I can answer your questions to help me :))

SheDevil