-=PCTechTalk=- Applet question

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:28:05 -0600

Hi,

Running XP SP2, IE/OE6. I belong to a stationery group and once in awhile
someone will send an applet in their stationery. I cannot see it, even
though I have updated all of the files that are apparently necessary for it.
We have people who are using XP as well as Vista. Also some use IE7 and some
use IE6. Very confusing because a varied mix of OS users can or cannot see
the applets. We cannot seem to find a common setting that will allow all of
us to view them.

I think I have allowed what I need to, but maybe not, since I cannot view
them from within OE or another program I use for email.

However, I can see any applets that are on web pages. Since stationery
actually uses HTML or HTM formats, I would think it would be the same.

Any help will be appreciated and TIA,
Sammi