-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Applet question

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:01:57 -0400

Hiya Sammi,
    The blockages may not have anything to do with OE.  Many firewall
applications will automatically block items like this without warning,
assuming they're bad things until you tell them otherwise.  Rather than
allow these things globally, see if your firewall has an area where you can
dictate rultes like this for individual programs.  If you find it, ok OE to
allow scripting.  My ZoneAlarm Secirity Suite allows me to simply check
boxes for Javascript, ActiveX, Java and Mime integrated objects individually
under a tab called Mobile Code.  Other well made firewalls should contain
something similar.

    Due to the differences in their use, email and web pages have their
security controlled separately with email having the higher settings.

Peace,
GMan